Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Mardi Gras Ball Dresses

If you're a NOLA Mom and you are in the market for an inexpensive ball gown for the Carnival season because you haven't yet lost all of your baby weight even after a year and a half, like me, and you don't want to pay an arm and a leg for a full length dress that you will wear only once since you either a. swear you won't go to another ball after this year or b. are going to be a super model by next year...

Perlis on Magazine is having a sale on bridesmaids dresses. I finally parted with all of bridesmaids dresses because I swore I never would go to another ball again. Never say never, moms. Anyway, their dresses are 40% off, probably 50% off by now. I found a Thread dress (fancy New York designer) and love it. It doesn't even look like a bridesmaids dress. And free alterations for the length of the garment-meaning if you gain or lose weight they'll alter it for free. Can't beat that. Now don't get me wrong. A lot of them do look like bridesmaids dresses. But sometimes when you are in a bind you have to do some creative visualization.

No comments: