Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Home Alone!

I am home alone. Just me. No one else. Aaaahhhh.

This is the first time since I've had W that I have been home alone. There was one other time when John took him to Walmart, but I was sleeping so it doesn't count. It feels wierd. Like something is missing but I am sure I'll get used to it. I don't know what to do with myself and I am filled with anxiety that I am not doing something that I should be doing. It's not at all like running errands by yourself. I have time to do that. Every time I'm running errands by myself I think of all the things that I need to do at home that I can't do when he's taking a nap. It's not enough time. If your were wondering, Mimo and Papa have him. They picked him for a few hours because I'm under the weather. I really, really want to take a nap. I'm exhaused and pooky from this cold but I can't bring myself to do it. I'M HOME ALONE! I feel like McCauley in the movie. Like I should run around the house with my hands flailing in the air.

This morning I went to the bathroom. W was with me. This may be too much for some people but I'll tell it anyway. I looked over and I was out of Toilet Paper. I screamed, Oh ----! No pun intended and then I started laughing. and then W came out with one of the Belly laughs from his toes. We laughed, and laughed and laughed. I probably should have been crying. But I was laughing and he was laughing and just staring at me. We had no where to go. It was a great moment. I'll end the story there, you don't need to know how it ends to enjoy it.

You know that John has a problem with all of W's shape sorters. He feels like it's too much pressure. THE PRESSURE OF THE SHAPE SORTERS! everything he gets is a shape sorter. But he's got it down now. He put the hexagon in the shape sorter a gabillion times in one sitting. and I clapped and yelled, "Yaaaay, Winky!" a gabillion times. I thought it would never end. I'm hoping that shape sorting is one of the things they test him on for preschool. If that's the case-we're in like flynn.

No comments: