Saturday, December 30, 2006

New Year's Eve Food Coma

Last year I was in a food coma after I ate dinner. We had so much. But this year may be different. Like I said, we are having Coq au Vin. It's done, sitting on the stove, waiting to cool down before it goes in the icebox to sit over night so that it's scrumptious tomorrow. There are 4 of us. I got 12 thighs (decided not to have breasts, they always get so dry). 2 for the girls, 4 for the men. Well, accidents happen. As I was salting the thighs it came pouring out and one thigh got way over salted. I tried to wipe it off but couldn't and stupidly one side was already browning. You see, to prevent the overwashing of my hands, I salt and pepper one side, put it in the pot and salt and pepper the other side once it's cooking. Woops-so I couldn't wash it off and start over. So now we are short a thigh! Looks like I'll only be having 1. I'll just have to eat a ton of buttered egg noodles to compensate.

The past few days I've come across some really good food blogs. Check them out at your liesure. The graphic design is really cool too and the photos make my mouth water. Especially the martini at Daily Olive.

Delicious Days
Daily Olive

I'll let you know how the New Year's Eve meal comes out. I'm done cooking so I can relax tomorrow. The only thing I have to do is get the CHEESE. I love cheese and I was going to get it at Whole Foods Uptown but this is the second time in a row I've had to deal with the crotchety old cheese monger. He's pissy and really doesn't want to be there. I want to patronize St. James Cheese Shop anyway. They are new on the scene and the only independent cheese monger I know of in New Orleans. and by the way, the sandwhiches are good and cheesy!

No comments: