Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Wednesday Wine Down

Someone asked what the Wednesday Wine Down was all about. Not much-no big grand idea or anything-I just think that we need to pamper ourselves every now and then. You may find that you would rather get a manicure, pedicure or massage. Go for a run. Take a hot bath with no one around. Me, nothing sounds better than a good glass of wine.

A friend of mine told me a story once. Every afternoon she would stroll around Audubon Park about 3pm. Every afternoon she saw an acquaintance, another mom, doing the same thing and she always had a big go cup in her hand. Finally one day she asked her what was in the cup. She said it was her afternoon energy drink. Vodka and Cranberry. Now, 3 pm is a tad bit early. I wait until atleast 5 or 6 o'clock and I don't drink vodka. But some of my most fun days have been "wine down" at my house with other moms. We get together, have a glass of wine and just hang out.

So in honor of those days I will post a good bottle of wine for your "wine down". Why Wednesday? because it makes for a good alliteration (sp?)

I'm not encouraging drinking or getting sloshed because truth is you have a baby and you need to be responsible. So everything in moderation.

No comments: