Tuesday, August 01, 2006


Welcome to NolaMom's Wednesday Wine Down. With the risk of sounding like a lush...I really look forward to a glass of wine at the end of the day to just "wine down" and relax with my husband. So I thought it only fitting that I have a Wednesday Wine Down. So pour yourself a glass of wine and toast to your life of being a mom! (corny, I know)

This week's wine is...
Waimea and it's dee-licious! It's a Sauvignon Blanc and it's light and summery. I'm not a connoiseur so that's about all you get as far as a description.
I bought it at my local wine seller-hence the name of the store-The Wine Seller on Prytania. See side link for more about the wine and where it came from.

I just got back from walking in the park. Whew-it is humid out there. It felt like I was swimming in a warm bowl of spit. But I have to do it. It's too hot to take the little buddy out so I try to go in the morning or late evening when J is at home. I was telling someone the other day that I had let myself go. They asked me why and I had good excuses. Not enough time, don't have someone to watch W-excuses, excuses. I do lift weights once a week but that is not going to cut it. But I think more than anything that ever since the last month of my pregnancy I just started eating with a vengeance. What got me in this rut is that I didn't gain too much weight when I was pregnant, then I started nursing so I lost the weight and maintained it. When I stopped nursing-WATCH OUT! I have probably gained half the weight that I did when I was pregnant. I never would have gone to Superior Grill every week before. I just can't get out of the rut of beans and rice and a Superior platter of enchildas. So yesterday I got back on Body For Life and I am sticking to it. It's a book, a program, a way of life. I sound like a commercial but it works. I lived on it before and I felt great. I highly recommend it.

Oh, one more thing. In response to my comment: I will post a photo of W's first birthday cake. It is going to be fabulous!

No comments: