Monday, August 07, 2006

WHO are these disgruntled people and why are they following me to P.J.'s? No lie, everyday there is someone that gets me all in a hoo-rah and I have to call my husband on the way home to tell him about it. He doesn't really care-J's mind is saying "Is your morning at the coffee house so bad that you have to call me at work to tell me about it?" It's not that my day is bad. Don't get me wrong. I love my life and have truly never been happier but it doesn't negate the fact that I keep running into people who are truly bugged by me, my baby and my friends with babies. Let me set the scene:

3 moms and babies, 1 friend sitting at P.J's DELIGHTED to be there chatting away. A seemingly nice lady with a rod up her b--- (SNLWARUHB) walks in (I don't even think she was getting coffee) and yells (no exaggeration)
"Scuuuuse me!" as my friend M was holding her laughing baby up in the air. She shoves her way rudely past her to get a Gambit.
M: "Oh, I'm sorry"
SNLWARUHB: While basically knocking giggling baby out of the air, grabs a Gambit and shoves her way past L.
L: "Oh, I'm sorry"
SNL: "WE-HULL, you sure are DOMINATING the corner!"

Now, it all seems so innocent and you can't hear the SNLWARUHB's tone of voice but believe me when I say it was one of disgust, absolute disgust. and like a friend told me today, "I understand that not everyone is googly over babies" but I wanted to scream back at her
"Listen to yourself!!!! You are upset because we are "dominating the corner"? Are you kidding?

When I talked to L this afternoon she was still fuming over it because the whole incident was absurd. I wish you could have been there because I know it's not translating well but I had to write about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should have told her to shove that Gambit up her WAHOO!