Friday, November 10, 2006

Belly laughter

Belly Laughter is the most precious sound I can hear coming from W. It never ceases to make my laugh just as hard the frustrating part is that I never know when it is going to come out. Something that made him laugh one day, makes him glaze over the next. One night I tripped over one of his toys on the way to the couch and there it was. All the way from his toes, the laughter. So I proceeded to fall down. Whatever which way I did it, he laughed and the game went on for 30 minutes. My parents had never heard him laugh like that and were beside themselves. It was such a fun night. So the next day my parents made me do it in front of their friends, who have no grandchildren. I tried to back out of it. I was adamant but they wouldn't take no for an answer. I knew what was going to happen but I had no way out. I felt like everyone was chanting for me to fall down. So I did. Nothing. Total silence. W just looked at me like I was an idiot. But the worse part was, the couple gave a half-assed laugh just because they had to. anyway, I guess you had to be there.

But yesterday! I found a new thing he thought was belly laughing worthy. We laughed for 10 minutes straight ( a long time in his world) and my day was made.

No comments: