Wednesday, November 01, 2006

I have to act like a duck

The Little Buddy slept through the loudest part of the party. People were pouring past his room, hoopin' and hollerin' (as much as 65 year olds can) and having a grand time. Not a peep. He did wake up around 12 am crying but went back to sleep after a few seconds of soothing from me and had a pretty good night. I think he is finally getting used to the new environs and the time change. I am sure we will go through it all again once we get home.

He LOVES Mimo and Papa. He toddles around the house talking and messing everything up. My dad said had it been me and my brother he would have been following us around scolding us. I guess that's the good part of being a grandchild. You have free reign over EVERYTHING. And what Mom says (me) is almost always vetoed by Mimo and Papa. After the 3rd day here, I've relaxed and let it roll like water off of a duck's back. (I like that analogy!-pretty clever hunh?) Nothing I can do about it.

I can't take enough photos of W sitting high up in my dad's arms. It makes me kind of teary eyed seeing them together. They are like 2 little kids who can't get enough of each other. They seem to have a mutual understanding that they both share the head of the household position and it works pretty well.

Today I am going to get a pedicure. I cannot wait! It has been eons that I have enjoyed a really good one. Mimo and Papa will take care of the little buddy. He will have probably eaten 55 Nilla Wafers, 10 more bottles, and have a big smile on his face when I get back.

No comments: